Thursday 16 December 2010

Will they go or will it snow?.......

Of course for those of you that don't remember the actual line in the song is
'should I stay or should I go'.........but with the somewhat inclement weather I changed it a bit for the title of todays blog which may well be the last one before airport time - fingers crossed.
So far weather says 'Light Snow' for tonight and Friday morning getting heavier on Saturday...jolly good, nothing like a battle to the airport........
We may well start this trip with a blow the budget stay in an airport hotel on Friday night just so we don't have to dig ourselves out of the driveway on Saturday morning!
Oh, and we've both got colds. We're trying to decide which one of us will look and sound the healthiest for checking in so that the other one can hide behind them. Martyn seems to be refusing to blow his nose on the theory that he will not then look like Rudolf. This is too disgusting for me so I've sent him to work. I on the other hand have drunk half my body weight in orange juice and the other half in a well known brand of blackurrant cordial - the two are not mixing well in my stomach.........All of that is before we open our mouths and both sound like newly born dinosaurs (or sheep being as no-one actually knows what dinosaurs sounded like although I seem to remember seeing on telly once someone having a go at making sounds of dinosaurs based on voiceboxes / skull shapes or something - all very clever, I'm digressing aren't I.....?)
Anyway, it has been the previously foretold busy week with one car but friends visited, carols sung (before cold arrived), panto narrated (with help of microphone as cold was well on the way by then), dogs walked (no, don't own them - just walk them with friends), more filing and shredding done so we're just left with the inevitable monster pile of ironing (which I'm just putting off by typing this in....), housework oh and the packing so we still don't know if we are bagstooheavy.blogspot.com or not.......

And just to get you really worried - Martyn wrote ANOTHER list last night. I think the snow is the least of my concerns...........

2 comments:

  1. Book your hotel via holiday extras website. Go for the mystery hotel if its in your budget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we've been using AGODA.com, but K is quite excited by the prospect of a mystery hotel, do you think that scooby doo will be there?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, they may take some time to appear as they are checked first before they are published 8-)