Tuesday 29 March 2011

Last Night

Yes well, budget hostel has budget soundproofing - gotta laugh.

So we both sat here at 8pm and thought 'this is alright' bit of noise from street and other rooms but fine. I did mention to Martyn that we are in the 'party' area. He said 'well I didn't see any nightclubs down there so we'll be fine'. Oh the naivety of a pair of people that don't drink and don't really do the nightclub thing.

A little voice at the back of my head did whisper things about bars not needing to be nightclubs and how I was sure I'd read about bits of Bangkok being quite nocturnal so they probably weren't even awake yet. In the face of Martyns nightclubbing innocence I kept quiet. The street didn't.

At midnight the Karaoke John Denver woke me up. Oh dear it was awful. Very quickly found ear plugs. The relief was immense. Unfortunately another bar must have got going. Earplugs blocked out the John Denver but didn't stop my ribs vibrating due to the bass from the other bar. Eventually I think some sort of destructive interference between my heart beat and the bass thumping rib oscillation must have occured as after a while the effect seemed to lessen. Drifted off to sleep again and awoke at 6am which wasn't bad really.

Its 7pm now, I wonder what time things get going on Tuesday nights round here.........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, they may take some time to appear as they are checked first before they are published 8-)