Monday 25 April 2011

Divine retribution

Look it wasn't my fault. The frogs were already dead and it would have been exceptionally rude not to eat what was delivered with such pride. Not that you really eat frogs legs, you just sort of nibble......
So why as I sat on the toilet at 3am this morning did the BIGGEST frog jump out the bucket under the leaky tap.
Yikes and up I leaped only to have the frog head towards to toilet. Can you believe my first thought was to flush the chain in case the frog jumped in! Depressingly that is the honest to goodness truth.
I ran, shutting the door firmly behind me.
At a much more reasonable hour Martyn decided it was his turn to use bathroom so went in armed with towel.
In short, I'm surprised we ever got frogs legs for dinner last night, or maybe this one knew something about the kitchen and had that added incentive. I'm not kidding - it scaled the wall, higher than Martyns head. Then it hid under he sink for a bit. You need to imagine martyn running around in nightwear chasing frog with towel to Benny Hill Theme tune for a bit now.......Fortunately froggie then jumped back in it's bucket so we shoved the towel on top and deposited it outside.
We're sorry about the frogs leg dinner okay!!!!!

Heaven help us if we ever do get snake or crocodile or eel....!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, they may take some time to appear as they are checked first before they are published 8-)