Tuesday 15 February 2011

Wellywood

Well I had no idea!

Bit of a Martyn day today as I found something in a leaflet that I thought he would enjoy. He enjoyed it very much - after a late start - we were not very organised - I kept asking if we had everything we needed in a bag to go in the car and repeatedly needed reminding that we gave the car back yesterday and didn't need to pack a bag as we were taking Vinny with us. And then there was the whole duck intimidation thing (see previous post)

Anyway, eventually we set off for Weta Cave. This is a little shop / museum set up by Weta the company that did lots of the special effects / animation etc for Avatar, Lord of the Rings, Narnia, King Kong and lots of others. Due to copyright they were not allowed to show too much but what you could see was very good and Martyn loved it - the people that started it up used to do everything in their flat / garage. Methinks I can see an attempted justification for a bigger study coming.... Their electric bill for one building is approximately 17000 GBP per week and they have 8 buildings. I think Martyn has a way to go yet but he's working on it!

After that we planned to pop to parliament (as you do), stopped for lunch in the Te Papa cafe as it was somewhere we knew we could park Vinny and then realised we had missed the tour and would have to wait an hour for the next one. Couldn't be bothered to do that so nipped out to the Dowse art gallery in Lower Hutt near campsite to see exhibition by artists who work / used to work or Weta so lots of sci fi imagery and sculpture etc.

Tried to get in to cinema by couldn't find a car park Vinny would fit in so headed back to campsite to put feet up.

Martyn declared I have to display my rash to a pharmacist tomorrow so I did done internet research and decided it looks most like the pictures of bacterial infection - searched around our med kits for antibiotics but decided can't take anti malarial as I'll run out! Thought about savlon but leg is deffo not septic so instead have smothered my leg in antibacterial hand gel and it does actually look a lot better (although this may well have more to do with it being elevated all afternoon than with the hand gel). Did think about the scientific approach of dividing my leg into test segments and trying out different things in each bit but then the usual Kay 'nnaaaahhhh' brain cell took over! Possibly a more informed update tomorrow as Martyn seems quite determined to sort me out (bit of a lost cause I think but hey!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, they may take some time to appear as they are checked first before they are published 8-)