Monday 21 February 2011

QCT day 4

Had a lie in....left at 9am and walked through the sculpture garden back over the land slips, pulled ourselves up the rope bypass and made it back to the track.

Martyn had declared himself still too full for cooked breakfast this morning - crikey!

Half way back to track he asked me if I'd packed his trousers for him. Apparently to be really helpful and remind me to do this for him he had wrapped them in his bedding. Strangely I had to say that I hadn't packed them. In the middle of nowhere he got phone signal, rang lodge and asked if housekeeping could put then in bag for water taxi to collect!

Very pleasant walk- sun out so quite hot bur lots of nice shady bits. Many mote beautiful views.

Made it to Anakiwa by 2.30pm perfect timing for ice cream!

Bags arrived on water taxi - no trousers. Oh dear. Ho hum. Hey ho and all that.

Showered, chatted with other guests and owners of backpackers for a bit and sat in hammocks reading books. This is the life. Then the odd biting thing arrived but it was too nice to go indoors so I sealed myself into my hammock. Martyn found this hilarious hence the photo!

Have finished track now 71km in 4 days very nice. Just chilling in lovely Anakiwa until 3.30 watertaxi tomorrow. Although owner of backpackers gives water skiing lessons...........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, they may take some time to appear as they are checked first before they are published 8-)