Monday 29 November 2010

No room at the inn.......

Seriously, its Christmas.....just had an email from our lodging scheduled for Christmas Eve and due to a double booking / date error on our booking there is no room for us........Anyone got a spare donkey........do you think three men will visit offering gifts........I am actually not joking.......

All is okay though - they have tents and Christmas Dinner is still on. Phew, was not looking forward to boil in the bag rice for Christmas......and if I had to make room in my bag for the camping stove for one night I would not have been pleased - I think camping stove is probably equivalent to at least 10 pairs of pants and something tells me I'll really value those pants.......Will let you know if we have any livestock try to sneak into the tent or other strange visitors or if someone tries to sneak a manger into the tent......I think Martyn might seriously object to that one - he's gamely smiling at the thought of a tent......my promise that we were following the sun around the world came to naught as he checked the weather for southern Chile the other day and discovered it was raining and 8 degrees. Maybe it will warm up by tent time.....

Have China visas - hurrah....watched An Idiot Abroad in China last night, not looking forward to eating toad - it was the spine on top of the pile that did it for me, foetus in an egg is definately a no no as well...... I tried telling myself and egg is an egg but no, our eggs must definately only be at the zygote stage....zygotes are fine, foetus no.....I might have to try a scorpion though. Martyn just keeps saying 'we're going on an organised tour - they'll look after us' I say'yes dear'........lol

Anyway, better go and investigate SE Asia flights......have checked list (again) and there still seems to be quite a lot of things we haven't done yet. Started moving things from the 'things to do before we go list' to the 'things to do when we get back list' at the weekend....ha ha don't tell Martyn.........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, they may take some time to appear as they are checked first before they are published 8-)